Sunday, January 9, 2011

Strange Beauty

I look at flowers and get lost inside. The strange beauty that looks "not of this world". I love painting these images because I take the time to look and study the structure.  I see so many things, each object is an instrument in it's own orchestra, can you hear it?


Georgia O'Keefe once said, "Nobody sees a flower, really, it is so small. We haven't time - and to see takes time like to have a friend takes time. If I could paint the flower exactly as I see it no one would see what I see because I would paint it small like the flower is small. So I said to myself - I'll paint what I see - what the flower is to me but I'll paint it big and they will be surprised into taking time to look at it - I will make even busy New Yorkers take time to see what I see of flowers.
...Well, I made you take time to look at what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment